Friday, October 1, 2010

Zuckerburg Link

Mark Zuckerburg - The Man behind the Modesty

I think, Mark Zuckerburg represents someone that many people - including me - could relate to. Nowadays, not many people are rich, and we all struggle from the taxes and the inflation in our economy. However, one thing I  know about most Canadians is how polite and humble they are. So I think Canadians can relate to Mark Zuckerburg and his way of living.

I personally think it is incredibly modest that Mark lives in a rented house, and I think that if I were rich one day - which I hope to be - I would also live like that. I mean why would anyone want to waste their money on a big jacuzzi, or a huge mansion with 20 different cars. The reason I think why Mark doesn't spend so much money on lavish luxuries is because he doesn't need it.

Ever heard of the saying "Money doesn't buy happiness!"? Well it's true and I think Zuckerburg realizes that fact and is one of the reasons he doesn't buy his own house and lives the lifestyle, many of our parents probably live.

Mark Zuckerburg also says at one point in the video "Move fast. Take risks. It's ok to try big things. You're better off trying something and having it not work, and learning from that, than having not done anything at all".
I personally believe in this philosophy and I think that this philosophy can be applied to anyone, even a corporation.

"The greater the risk the greater the reward," is a popular saying which applies to this situation. If people could take Mark's words to heart, try new things and explore the possibilities of the world, they would realize their potential of growing. Making mistakes will ALWAYS happen. No one is perfect, but everyone can become better by trying out new things and learning from their mistakes.

The key point I'm trying to make is that if you try new things you increase your knowledge and with more knowledge comes more power. If you make a mistake in doing something, you learn from that mistake and can help others not to repeat it.

Finally, I would like to comment on Mark's upcoming film "Social Networking". Some people speculate that even though he says its"unauthorized" he is really just pulling a marketing trick to get more popularity.

Now I know that Mark isn't worth "$6 Billion +" for no reason. Mark is a business man whatever he may look like on the outside, and I believe he will use this film as a chance to boost his popularity which is already high to begin with. (I.E. On Oprah it was claimed 1 in 14 people have a Facebook Account, and I have no doubt many students in EYCI have one too). Whether or not this film is "authorized" or not, he will still gain the popularity and widespread recognition that will no doubt come from the upcoming film.

Not bad, for my first "real blog". Sorry if it was a bit long, but once I get going I really get going. Anyway, I tend to use a lot of cliches in my writing so I guess that's something to watch out for if you *really* hate those.

Anyway after all that talking, you must be pretty bored I bet, so I'll let you guys off easy this time with a joke.

"The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back"!

No comments:

Post a Comment